Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ogre at Origins 2013

It's been a really long time since I posted anything on here, life has a way of getting in the way sometimes. Between work, family, etc. there has just not been a lot of time for posting. However, I have been working on Ogre Miniatures projects when I could find the time.

I made it to Origins this year, and I got to play Ogre 6e against Steve Jackson! Well sort of, anyway.

On Wednesday Steve played a simultaneous game against 12 opponents in a room near the food court. They had a preliminary copy of Ogre 6e there for us to look at:



I took some pictures with my son (age 9) for scale:



















I was watching from the spectator area, and the Ogre Line Editor (Daniel) asked me to assist one of the players (a 12 year old girl named Lily) who had never played Ogre before.









I advised Lily, and she played very well, and had some really lucky die rolls early in the game. She removed all of the Ogres weapons while Steve was still 8 or 9 hexes away from the Command Post.
Unfortunately the dice failed her when she started shooting at the treads, and Steve rolled over her Command Post before she could stop him. It was very close.
Steve Jackson Games put an Ogre 6e promo on the back of the Origins coupon book this year, I snagged a few for myself and other Ogre fans.

















I spent some money in the Origins dealer room on new buildings for Ogre, as well as a couple of Iron Wind Metals' BattleTech dropships. These will work well as targets I think.





Now I just need to get them painted!

No comments: