Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 9, 2012

Smoke!


I found a really great idea online for making smoke, and I decided to use it for my Ogre miniatures games. It is pretty simple, here is what I did:

Materials list:
Polyester fiberfill
Black spray paint (flat)
Some small metal washers
Hobby paints (red, orange, yellow)

Tools:
Hot glue gun
Paintbrush

Tear up the fiberfill into appropriately sized pieces. Spray them with the black spray paint, and allow them to dry thoroughly. When they are dry, use the hot glue gun to attach them to the washers. The washers give them some weight so they do not fall over. Allow them to cool a bit. I glued mine on top of a ceramic tile so that I could easily peel them off without damaging them.

Once they are dry, use the red paint to paint the base of the cloud, then move up a bit using the orange and the yellow. Just dab the paint on, this is just a representation of smoke, after all. When dry they are pretty much done, although a light spray of flat sealer probably would not hurt.

No comments: