Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 11, 2010

Fans, fans, everywhere...

OK, the basement is almost dried out. A few game-related casualties. I had a small box of games headed to the Origins 2010 auction, and I had left the box on the floor. Very unusual for me.

The box for GDW's TacForce got wet on one side, but the contents are fine, it's drying out. The INWO SubGenius card game is a total loss, as is the large deck of novelty playing cards that I have had for 30 years and barely used. A reference book about miniature dachshunds bit the dust too. It had apparently fallen on the floor and then been kicked under the bookshelf. All in all, not too bad.

The dehumidifier has been working overtime, and the basement is no longer damp. The only traces of the water that I can see are some darker areas on the bottom 3" of the cement block walls. I have several fans blowing along the walls and move them around as needed.  Of course, the basement sounds like an airport with a bunch of Cessnas waiting for takeoff...

The insurance adjuster came out and took pictures of everything and measured the areas that had had carpeting. Hopefully I'll be getting a check soon, with something extra for cleaning up the mess. Many of my neighbors called Stanley Steemer or ServPro and had them come out and take care of things. They had to wait for a few days though, and I wanted the water gone NOW!

Since I saved the insurance company a bunch of money on the cleanup, they should be willing to give me something for my time and effort...

No comments: